Saturday, March 22, 2008

What A Rush!

Well, the Rock listened to my prediction and beat the Rush last night (I know they didn't fucking listen to me specifically, I just used statistical analysis to determine that the Rock have a better chance at winning). Aaron Wilson, Josh Sanderson, Matt Taylor and to a lesser extent Blaine Manning all played great on offence. Ryan Benesch continues to struggle, as I believe most of his assists were 2nd ones last night (I am too lazy to pointstreak it right now, if any one can tell me, I'll get them a 2 dollar gift certificate at the Loose Moose). Rob Marshall is really turning into a solid transition player, and he isn't even from Barrie. Jimmy Veltman is so much more stabilizing for the team when he plays the crease on the PP, he just calms everybody down, which in turn, increases production.

I can't give anymore shoutouts without mentioning Bob Watson. The Whipper made some great saves with the game still close, and arguably, was the difference yet again.

The Rock are now probably in Buffalo, or struggling to get through customs at the Peace Bridge right now. Unfortunately, I will not be making the trip due to Easter commitments, but I will be pointstreaking and hope to have a recap tomorrow.

I really wish this game was on Sportsnet like the old days, but I guess they have too much CIS hockey to show. Without looking, I am guessing TSN has darts, pool, or a game where 2 bums square off in a battle to the death brawl over a piece of steak.

PS-How fucking awesome was it last night to see the Durham SWAT team come out of the rafters? Also, how fucking awesome was it to see a minor team other than Barrie before the Rock warmup?

No comments: